'The staff are really warm and kids are very happy in this school. Good teaching and a very good involvement of parents and BSM Friends. The best English school in Milan.'
Established in 1969, the British School of Milan is a co-educational day school, with an international student body of 700 students ranging from ages 3 – 18 and comprising over 40 different nationalities, with a constituency extending right across the Milan area.
The BSM is the only school in Milan inspected by the UK government.
Here are 11 reasons you might consider sending your child to the BSM:
- A rigorous British curriculum from early years up to IGCSE
- High quality teaching – rated as ‘excellent’ in the November 2017 Inspection - which inspires students to develop a love of learning and ensures that they thrive academically
- An exceptionally friendly atmosphere in which students quickly make friends
- The best and most sustained academic results across any equivalent school within Milan
- Access to top universities across the globe, particularly in the UK, Europe and the USA
- The International Baccalaureate: in the Sixth Form, students pursue the IB Diploma - the gold standard of global education and the best preparation for university and the world of work
- High professional standards of pastoral care, and a strong parental support network of Friends and Class Representatives
- Exceptional standards of Music, Art and Drama – recent highlights include BSM choir performances in the Vatican and Madrid cathedral
- 107 afterschool and lunchtime clubs, including a wide range of sporting activities in both recreational and competitive contexts
- Central Milan location near the Green Line stations Lambrate and Udine, and very well served by local buses
- One integrated campus, allowing students to move seamlessly from Primary to Senior School
And finally, because the BSM is a not-for-profit organisation, all the revenue is re-invested back into the school and does not go to shareholders or private equity.
If you want your son or daughter to enjoy the BSM experience and join a community that is international and dynamic, then please feel welcome to visit us and see for yourself what a difference a BSM education can make.
Education is the best investment any parent can make, with the potential to transform a child’s life chances from nursery to university.