Parent Group – Friends
Friends is The British School of Milan's parent group. Our goal is to support and strengthen a sense of community and improve and enhance communication between parents, teachers, governors and students.
We do this by coordinating practical parental involvement through the Class Representative Network and by organising social and fundraising events.
Once your child is enrolled at the School each parent automatically becomes a member of Friends and we actively encourage parents to participate in any way they can.
The Friends Group is a small team of parents who meet regularly to organise and manage the many interests and activities of the BSM Friends.
Friends organise the Class Representative Network which is a group of parents, representing each class or Year Group, who meet regularly with the Principal and school management to discuss matters of interest and address relevant issues. Class Reps also manage and distribute the class contact information, liaise with relevant class/form teachers and organise social events and gifts for the class where relevant.
Groups within Friends include:
- Bus Group - liaises with parents and the School regarding school buses
- Lunch Group - monitors school meals and liaises with parents and the School regarding lunches
- Parent Co-Curricular Group - provides support and feedback on co-curricular activities at the BSM
- Uniform Group - organises second-hand uniform sales and liaises with parents and the School regarding uniform
- Welcome Group - organises welcome of and provides informal support to new parents and students
Events organised by the Friends in conjunction with the School include a Christmas Fair, a Careers Fair, an Alumni University Fair and a Summer Aperitivo as well as talks for parents and various parent coffee mornings. Certain events have a fundraising purpose; funds raised recently have contributed towards the purchase of:
- Outdoor improvements for the Senior School break areas
- Plants and supplies for the Primary School Wild Garden
- Lighting rig for the Theatre
- Shade area in the Primary School playground
- Cellos and a piano for the Music Department
- Recording equipment for the Sports Department
- Audio equipment for the Primary School Library
- Large computer screens for the ITC Suite.
For more information, questions or suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com.
For current parents, please visit our password protected Parent Pages on the website for up-to-date information and news.
We look forward to welcoming you to The British School of Milan.